Maritime NZ is the only New Zealand administration able to certify New Zealand seafarer certificates. Any other organisation’s maritime certification documents for New Zealand are therefore invalid.
For STCW or STCW-F (aligned) certificates of competency or proficiency, only a registered medical practitioner who is approved by Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) may conduct medical examinations and issue STCW certificates of medical fitness
Dr Marcus Hawkins is a Designated Medical Examiner (DME) for Maritime New Zealand
SEAFARERS MEDICALS ARE USUALLY COMPLETED ON THE DAY UNLESS THERE ARE COMPLICATING MEDICAL ISSUES. PLEASE TRY TO COMPLETE YOUR SEAFARERS MEDICAL SEVERAL WEEKS BEFORE IT EXPIRES.
- Seafarers Medical Certificate $250.00 + costs for any additional testing if required.
- Length of consultation: Please allow 1 hours for the examination to be completed
- Examination will include an Audiometry which is completed on site.
You must bring with you
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport)
- Glasses – if you are required to wear glasses
Contact Maritime New Zealand; the Seafarer Certification team.
New Zealand (toll free): 0508 225 522
Calling from outside New Zealand: +64 4 473 0111
Post: Seafarer Certification, Maritime New Zealand, PO Box 25620, Wellington 6146