Aviation Medicals: NZCAA, CASA
Marcus Hawkins is a Designated Aviation Medical Examiner for:
- CAA (New Zealand’s Civil Aviation Authority)
All pilots applying for their CAA license must pay their CAA administration fee and go to www.skycert.nz to complete their forms online PRIOR to their consultation
- CASA (Australia’s Civil Aviation & Safety Authority)
All pilots applying for their CASA license should go to mrs.casa.gov.au/Applicant to complete their forms online PRIOR to their consultation
Booking your Medical
- Please call the practice directly to book your aviation medical as they cannot be booked online.
- We recommend starting your aviation medical at least 6 weeks before it expires. This allows time for any medical issues to be addressed and time for CAA/CASA clearance to occur.
- You must bring with you:
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport)
- Glasses – if you are required to wear glasses you must bring a spare back-up pair also
Initial Pilot Medicals
Please note: Examination for an initial pilot license will include Spirometry, ECG and Audiometry which are all completed on site. Please allow 2 hours for the examination to be completed.
From July 1st 2019, all prices include GST.
Please note that these fees do not include the processing fees that each aviation authority may charge, or costs of any further specialist or external testing.
- Initial Medical Examination & Certification $285.00
- Resting ECG $55.00
- Spirometry $55.00
- Spirometry – Pre/post bronchodilator $75.00
- Audiometry $55.00
- Aviation Renewal + costs for any additional tests if required as above $300.00 + any costs for any additional tests if required as above
- CAA Eye Exam Approx $180.00-$280.00
- Blood Test Labtests locations (no appointment required and we can issue you a lab form)